Annabritt N. Chisholm
Annabritt strives to support clients in regulated professions and industry sectors. Annabritt’s practice spans administrative law, professional regulation, health law, farm marketing and civil litigation. She enjoys assisting committed professionals who serve the public interest.
Annabritt came to the law from a research and policy background. As a long-time part-time research assistant she came to understand the value of an evidence-based argument. Her policy background was honed during the completion of her Master of Health Administration degree, which she earned at the same time as her law degree. She then earned practical experience working for a professional regulatory college before she joined Shores Jardine LLP, where she now finds many opportunities to combine her legal training with her experience in public and organizational policy.
Annabritt sees law and policy as serving the public good. While completing her education at Dalhousie University in Halifax, Annabritt was involved in creating the HOPES Health Centre, a collaborative inter-professional community serving marginalized populations. The Centre was launched in January, 2017. Annabritt credits the organization’s strategic planning process and interacting with the myriad project stakeholders as being a formative experience for her.
- 2018 – Present Executive Member, Health Law Section, CBA Alberta North
- 2017 – Present Member, Administrative Law Section, CBA Alberta North
- 2017 – Present Member, Civil Litigation, CBA Alberta North
- 2015-2016 – HOPES Health Centre, Steering Committee Co-Chair
- 2014-2016 – HOPES Health Centre JD/MHA Steering Committee Student Representative
- 2014-2015 – Pro-Bono Students Canada Volunteer, Nova Scotia Right to Know Coalition
- Foster G. McGaw Scholarship, Association of University Programs in Health Administration
Education & Call To The Bar
- 2018 – Admitted to the Law Society of Alberta
- 2016 – JD – Schulich School of Law, Dalhousie University
- 2016 – MHA – Dalhousie University
- 2011 – BSc – University of Alberta
In Her Own Words
Profession regulation plays a key role in the protection of the public and in upholding the underlying importance of professionalism in our society. I enjoy working with clients who are dedicated to maintaining the integrity of their professions.
Away From The Office
After work, Annabritt can be found in Edmonton’s river valley, hiking on a coastal or mountain trail, or exploring a new city.
It’s also not difficult to convince her to take time to test out a new recipe in her kitchen (she is easily swayed by all things related to bread and dessert).
When not travelling or baking, Annabritt stays active with yoga and running.
Meet the Team
William (Bill) W. Shores, Q.C.
David N. Jardine
Craig D. Boyer
Gwendolyn J. Stewart-Palmer
Paula D. Hale
Kirk N. Lambrecht, Q.C.
Annabritt N. Chisholm
M. Joseph Redman
James W.G. Arendt
Leah R. Macklin